|Lecturer||Dr. Christian Kahmann|
|Workload||2 SWS Lecture|
|Seminar||Thursday, 09:15 - 10:45|
|Contact||Email, or via Discord server "gs_ws21/22_leipzig"|
|Intended subjects||Bachelor's, Master's or doctoral thesis in the departments TEMIR and ASV or from the fields of NLP and machine learning in general.|
- The seminar will be carried out online via BigBlueButton.
- The first seminar is expected to take place on 14th October 2021. Here, the presentation slots will be distributed across the following weeks.
In general, it is intended that you give 2 presentations. One at the beginning of your work and the second talk at about 2/3 of your thesis. In the first presentation, it is important to clarify the motivation and the research question, as well as the planned operationalisation. The expected time for this is about 10-15 minutes.
In the second presentation, the algorithms and procedures used should be explained and clarified to the audience. If possible, it is of course also welcome to present and discuss results that have already been achieved.
The length of this presentation should be about 20-25 minutes.
The final grade of the seminar is based on the two individual grades of the presentations.
If explicitly requested, it is also possible to give a single detailed presentation. This should then last approx. 35 minutes. This solution is not recommended though, as less feedback can be given early in this way.
- After each talk, there will be a short scientific discussion in which ALL listeners are invited to ask questions and make comments. With this in mind, it is appreciated that you are present for as many of the seminar dates as possible.
- The schedule of lectures will be displayed and updated on this website. Please check back regularly.
- Seminars are live. The first session is for organizing the dates for your presentations. Please be there! [Big Blue Button]
- Materials will be organized in [Moodle]
- Discord - there is a dedicated Discord server for this lecture. Check your mails for an access code. There are different channels for questions regarding lecture and lab. Please join the server and choose a Nickname such that we can identify you (at least surname).
- Email - important announcements will be sent out via mail (Using Moodle).